Park District wraps up centennial events
These sculptures made by youthful ceramics students, await painting and kilning before display in the "Hats Off to 100 Years" ceramic exhibit for the Glencoe Park District's Dec. 6 centennary party. | Park District photo
Updated: December 30, 2012 6:07AM
GLENCOE — The Glencoe Park District will hold its final centennial event of the year Thursday, Dec. 6, at the Takiff Center, 999 Green Bay Road, and there’s something intriguing for almost everyone.
• The forward-looking: Summer camp preview, with camp discount voucher giveaway (Lower lobby, 6-9 p.m.).
• The backward-looking: Members of the Glencoe Historical Society host a display of photos and artifacts (Upper lobby, 6-9 p.m.).
• Party people: Birthday fete featuring carnival games, bingo, and magician Mary Macaroni (Activity Room, 6-9 p.m.)
• Short people: Early childhood activities (Community Room 1, 6-9 p.m.); Bounce house, dancing with a deejay (Gym, 6-9 p.m.).
• Tall people: Open basketball (Gym: 6-9 p.m.).
• Swingers: Baseball hitting clinic (Gym, 7:15-8 p.m.).
• Net fans: “Quick start” kids’ tennis demonstration (Gym, 7:15-8 p.m.).
• Duffers: Video swing evaluation and other golf tips. (Gym, 6-7 p.m.).
• Fleet feet: Hip-hop dancing (Gym, 7-9 p.m.).
• Feet of clay: Ceramics fun (Ceramics studio, 6-9 p.m.).
• More clay feet: Student ceramics displays, including Hats off to 100 Years” exhibit (Community Hall, 6-9 p.m.).
• Artists: “Moon sand” sculpting, “Trash monster” construction, kids’ coloring (Art room, 6-9 p.m.).
• The kitchen crew: Cooking demonstrations (Community Room 2, 6:45-8 p.m.).
• The brainy: Electronic trivia game (Gym, 6-6:45 p.m.).
• The hungry: Food, drinks, desserts, music (Community Hall, 6-9 p.m.).
• The cheap: It’s all free.